System Administrator Profile
Multifaceted technical career with a 5-year track record of innovation and success
Dynamic and user-centric professional currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Cloud & Server Administration, poised to leverage strong technical acumen in maintaining Windows, Linux, and Cloud-based platforms. Proven ability to increase reliability, maximize productivity, and improve system efficiencies while maintaining highest level of system security, based on emerging trends and best practices. Adept with monitoring network activity, installing and fixing both software and hardware, performing extensive system updates, and accurately diagnosing a variety of previously undetected problems. Utilize superior analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills to propel projects and teams to peak results while working with minimal supervision. Ability to work in fast-paced and high-growth environments with tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
System & Database Administration / Hardware & Software Configuration / End-user Training & Support
Incident Tracking & Documentation / Troubleshooting & Crisis Management / Team Building & Leadership
Software & Tools:
Microsoft Office (2010, 2013, 2016, 365), Active Directory, Group Policy, Subversion, Service Now, Citrix, Git, Windows RSAT
Linux (CentOS, RHEL, Mint, Kali, Parrot Sec, Fedora), Windows (7, 8/8.1, 10), Windows Server (2012/R2, 2016, 2019)
Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure
IT Systems Administrator (May 2019 - Present) Southside Christian School, Simpsonville, South Carolina
Associate Application Analyst (May 2018 – May 2019) Care Coordination Institute, Greenville, South Carolina
Integral member of Care Coordination Institutes’ IT team while serving as
an Application Analyst for care management software. Support project
coordination, applications implementation, application validation,
upgrades, ongoing maintenance, training, enhancements, and documentation.
Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure effective
problem resolution. Communicate application problems and issues to key
stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and
- Played an instrumental role in the configuration and administration of organization’s Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7 production and test servers.
- Ensured business continuity and enhanced productivity by minimizing the downtime of department's Red Hat Enterprise Linux server through effective troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Facilitated the migration of company's Oracle-based database to a cloud-based offering from Amazon AWS by conducting detailed research and feasibility study.
- Developed custom content for population health application provider to improve engagement and maximize users’ experiences.
I/S Desktop Analyst (January 2014 – May 2018) Greenville Health System, Greenville, South Carolina
Manage the purchasing, installation, and maintenance of desktop devices,
software, and licensing. Held concurrent responsibility for managing vendor
contract, maintaining technical documents, and preparing statistical
reports. Served as a subject matter expert for Active Directory account
creation/termination and GPO. Provided technical support for Windows 7
& 10 desktops, laptops, and form factors.
- Ensured timely installation and support of the desktop environment with a wide range of health systems and workstations, including desktops, WOW carts, laptops, wall mounts, surgical workstations, and printers.
- Delivered best-in-class support service and adhered with service level agreements through accurate tracking of issues by using the ticket management system.
- Designed, developed, and deployed computer equipment through effectively utilizing Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Improved administrative tracking and crisis management process by writing a Google Chrome extension for the desktop analysts’ team.
- Established and cultivated productive relationships with vendors to obtain favorable contract terms and secure lower prices.
- Wrote dozens of custom Powershell scripts for automating various desktop and server tasks involving Active Directory, Group Policy, and other administrative duties.
- Assisted the server group with the assignment of application privileges located in the Citrix environment to end users.
- Worked with I/S application group with the widespread deployment of Office 365 applications.
Education & Credentials
Bachelor of Science in Cloud & Server Administration (Expected in May 2019)
Western Governors University, Salt Lake City, Utah
High School Diploma (GPA: 3.1/4.0)
Spartanburg High School, Spartanburg, South Carolina
Amazon AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner CLF-C01 (Certificate)
Amazon AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate SOA-C00 (Certificate)
Axelos – ITIL Foundations (Certificate)
CIW Site Development Associate 1D0-61B (Certificate)
CompTIA A+ CE 220-901/220-902 (Certificate, Verify)
CompTIA Cloud Essentials CL0-001 (Certificate, Verify)
CompTIA Cloud+ CV0-001 (Certificate, Verify)
CompTIA Network+ CE N10-006 (Certificate, Verify)
CompTIA Security+ CE SY0-501 (Certificate, Verify)
CompTIA Server+ SK0-004 (Certificate, Verify)
CompTIA Project+ PK0-004 (Certificate, Verify)
CompTIA Linux+ LX0-103/LX0-104 (Certificate, Verify)
LPI Linux Foundations 010-150 (Certificate)
LPI LPIC-1: Linux Administrator (Certificate)
MTA 98-349 – Windows Operating System Fundamentals (Certificate)
Microsoft Certified Professional (Certificate)